Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products. Plan and direct schedules and monitor budget/spending. Monitor the project from initiation through delivery. Organize the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints. Assign and monitor work of systems analysis and program staff, providing technical support and direction.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Seven years of project management, product design or related experience preferred.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Technical Program Manager
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide youthe opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloudservices in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCIis committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of ourcustomers who are tackling some of the world's biggest challenges.
Oracle Cloud is the industry's broadest and most integratedpublic cloud. It offers best-in-class services across software as a service(SaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), and infrastructure as a service (IaaS),and even lets you put Oracle Cloud in your own data center. Oracle Cloud helpsorganizations drive innovation and business transformation by increasingbusiness agility, lowering costs, and reducing IT complexity.
The Oracle Cloud has shown strong adoption, supporting 70million users and more than 30 billion transactions each day. It runs in 19data centers around the world. At everylevel, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designingand building innovative new systems to power our customer's business criticalapplications
About The Job
A unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing world-classteam to engineer cutting edge Oracle Cloud technologies and infrastructure thatmake up the Oracle Cloud solutions. As part of the DBaaS team, you will be continuallychallenged and have an opportunity to contribute to the Oracle Cloud successevery day, working closely with the development partners.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will be responsible forplanning, executing and reporting related to new and existing products, modulesand services delivery. The Technical Program Manager sets milestones for eachproject, coordinates efforts between operations, technology and product teams,in order to effectively and efficiently deliver projects according to plan withself-servicing reporting and dashboards. This position works with internalstakeholders to bring structure while implementing complex, project-basedprocesses to bring increased efficiency in the delivery of all projects andservices and in turn, enhanced customer satisfaction.
* Producing project plans that outline the Project Management process andinclude: detailed estimates, a quality plan, key deliverables, resourcesrequired, risks, issues and dependencies.
* Assigning work packages to Project Team members, ensuring their buy-inby effectively leveraging their skills
* Providing technical direction and support to the Project Team
* Monitoring progress against the Project Plan in order to deliver projects within scope and timeline
* Assessing the impact of changes to the plan and finding ways to mitigate
* Managing issues and risks within the scope of work, escalating asappropriate
* Assist with the development of reports, and theloading and configuration of demonstration data and systems.
* No line management but leads v-team/s of employees on projects
* Works closely with v-team leadership to align resources and skills
* Proactively manage changes in project scope,identify potential crises and devise contingency plans.
* Own the communication and execution of solutionhand-over to appropriate services, service delivery, technology and other teammembers at designated milestones.
* Develop and deliver complex self-servicingreporting and dashboards, requirements documentation and presentations toacross multiple organizations
* Analytical and Technical aptitude with the ability to solve complexproblems
* Provenflexibility and versatility in learning new technologies and adapting to newmethodologies during the project phase, training and guiding teams
* Otherduties as assigned
Skills and Experience
* Educationlevel/Qualifications: University degree in relevant field or equivalent experience
* 7-10 years' experience inProject Management experience in leading small to large Infrastructure,Online or Cloud services implementations.
* Fundamental understanding of Cloud services technologies
* ValidIndustry acknowledged PM certification (PMI, six sigma)
* Understanding of Agile Methods,Scrum methods
* Solution Architecture experience would be aplus
* Successful delivery of fixed price projects
* Experience in defining and driving largeproject proposals
* Experiencewith modern delivery models (on premise, on demand)
* Projectmanagement experience in large scale off- and near shore delivery models
* Experience in Data management, defining reportingstructures and dashboards
* Highlevel of customer focus and sense of responsibility
* Abilityto motivate and lead your team to get things done
* Result and solution oriented
* Influencingand negotiating with cross-functional teams
* Assertiveness,personal drive and creativity
* Analyticaland methodical way of work
* Verygood written and verbal English
* Verygood presentation and excellent communication skills.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task