Position Title: Clinical Case Manager
Program/Dept: New Ventures
Reports to: Program Director
Classification: Regular, Full Time, Non-Exempt
Compensation: DOEE + Full Benefits Package (including free medical, dental, vision options for employee)
Founded in San Mateo, California, in 1964, Caminar s thriving programs and services serve more than 14,000 individuals annually across , , , , and Counties. Our nonprofit organization s portfolio of behavioral health and supportive services empowers and supports individuals and families to move toward resilience, wellness, and independence. And, we are expanding our capacity to address the increasingly complex needs of individuals and families.Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Program Director, the Clinical Case Manager provides rehabilitation services to adults with psychiatric disabilities living in or in transition to the community in San Mateo County. The Clinical Case Manager is responsible for overseeing the provision of individual services to these clients and works and may work in conjunction with assistant case managers and/or community support workers that can provide assistance with activities of daily living and medication support in specific programs. The Clinical Case Manager assists in the design and implementation of treatment goals, performing psychosocial assessments; is an advocate for clients; provides crisis prevention and intervention when necessary; and helps plan a program including the utilization of community resources to enhance the individual s quality of life.Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the development and attainment of client rehabilitation goals, including securing of housing and employment, development of a support system, increasing socialization skills, participating in recreational activities, etc.
- Support and assist with maintenance of personal health, including attainment of and follow through with medical, psychiatric, and dental care.
- Provide case management, mental health services, and crisis intervention for adults living with severe mental illness.
- Conduct individual and family therapy as needed to assigned clients utilizing evidence-based practices
- Facilitate two psychoeducational groups per year utilizing evidence-based practices.
- Complete comprehensive clinical assessments for assigned clients and assist other non-clinical case managers with assessment completion.
- In team meetings, contribute to the development of individual treatment and behavior plans.
- Develop and maintain a respectful, caring, tolerant, ethical, and empowering relationship with all individuals served.
- Assist in resolution of conflicts between and among roommates and housemates.
- Evaluate need for entitlement benefits and assist as required in obtaining them.
- Maintain a client caseload as assigned.
- Maintain at least a 65% service time to total work time percentage productivity level.
- Document in a timely manner treatment planning and interventions according to agency, county, and Medi-Cal billing and quality assurance requirements.
- Coordinate client treatment with all other members of the treatment team, including family members, conservators, discharge planners, and social workers when clients are hospitalized.
- Provide monthly accounting of client outcomes and service utilization.
- Perform all job functions in cooperation with the supervisor, other staff on the case management team, and other service providers involved in the treatment effort, including sharing information regarding all important interventions.
- Participate in staff meetings and attend other meetings, as assigned.
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled weekly and clinical supervision sessions.
- Attend and complete trainings as assigned and in a timely manner.
- Drive own or agency vehicle to treatment destinations, as required; documenting and reporting mileage according to agency procedures, so that services can be provided in a timely manner; comply with agency vehicle policy at all times.
- Monitor cleanliness and maintenance of client living environments, providing assistance as necessary in order to meet minimum standards.
- Participate in promoting a safe, healthy and clean working environment at all times consistent with applicable laws, industry standards and the agency s own Health & Safety Program.
- Complete and submit accurate time sheets and absence reports to program management in a timely manner.
- Promote within the agency and with the general public the philosophy and practice of social rehabilitation.
- Actively nurture and advance the cooperative, harmonious and teamwork oriented environment Caminar strives to promote within the workplace through daily efforts and self presentation to promote an atmosphere of dignity and mutual respect in line with the organization s mission, philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Within program requirements, participate in an emergency on-call rotation system, as defined in the Emergency On-Call Agreement
- Perform other related duties, responsibilities and special projects as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be passionate about Caminar's mission.
- Candidates must be registered with the California BBS as an intern (MFTI, AMFT, ASW, etc); licensed supervision hours available.
- MA/MS in mental health/social work related field. Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment including email and Internet navigation required. Experience with Human Service Information Systems strongly preferred. Experience with web based time and attendance and staff training and development system strongly preferred.
- Must be able to meet and receive a criminal records clearance, as required by Title XXII, other licensing regulations, and Caminar practices.
- This position requires frequent driving. A valid California driver license, reliable personal vehicle, current personal auto insurance as required by law, and an MVR sufficient to obtain and reasonably maintain insurability under agency auto liability policies are all essential job requirements.
- Must be able to pass post offer, pre-employment medical and drug tests as required under State Community Care Licensing regulations and/or agency policies.
- A personal cell phone with reliable service and, if applicable, a data plan to use for business purposes.
- May be required to obtain and maintain First Aid and CPR certification.
Caminar is a leader in providing innovative client-oriented mental health services. We are an equal opportunity employer. Please visit our web site at
Associated topics: business development, case management, development manager, liaison, office manager, plan, program development, project development, project management, resource development